Optical sorting machine | RHEWUM DataSort S
The mono-fractioned sorting of raw materials by reject and product means that optical sorting technology is an essential production step in reducing production cost and for quality assurance of the final product.
Optoelectronic sorting technology is the key to success when it comes to an operation where mechanical approaches have reached their limits. Tasks which were previously not possible due to economic or technological aspects can today be solved by means of optoelectronic sorting technology.
Optical sorting machine type DataSort is especially suitable for:
- pre-concentation of ores
- elimination of contaminations
- increase of milling and metallurgical capacities
Our DataSort machine is environmentally friendly and is capable of:
- sorting and grading product
- reducing waste and stockpiles
- leading to higher product concentration at an earlier processing step
- increasing the lifetime of mines and allowing the mining of lower quality areas
- saving resource and energy
- The new generation of DataSort is setting trends in electronic sorting. Various sorting criteria can be linked in one sorting program. Parameters are brightness, size of texture, proportion of texture, form and size of the particle.
Materials suitable for sorting by brightness and reflection are:
Material suitable for sorting by permanent color are:
feldspar, gold (>0.4 g/t), plastic granules, plastic flakes (PET, PE, PP, PVC), recycled glass etc.
The capacity of the RHEWUM DataSort depends on the feed particle size, the bulk density of the feed material and the sorting width of the machine. Standard machines are operating at feed particle sizes between 3,0 and 200 mm at a bulk density of 0.1 – 3.0 t/m³ and a sorting width of 1.200 mm. High rejection rates and a high product output at the same time are achieved trouble free. If you need higher capacities, we will design a tailor-made solution meeting your special requirements.
The exact control of high-speed valves allows the efficient rejection of the determined particles by compressed air blasts after the particle is classified as a reject particle and its size, outline and center of gravity are calculated by the computer system. All parts of the machine are easily accessible and positioned to be maintenance friendly.
The classification area is automatically cleaned by a robust cleaning system. The sorting process remains exact and reliable to a high level even under hard conditions. The new LED light strips guarantee to enable the system to operate at a sorting width of up to 4.000 mm and therefore at much higher capacities. Depending on the sorting task the LED light strips are available in different colors and they have a much higher brightness than conventional fluorescent lamps.
Advantages of the DataSort S optical sorting machine:
- economical sorting of finest bulk materials by color and brightness
- lowest color differences, e.g. blue - light blue – green, are determined reliably and can be used as sorting parameter
- continuous operation at capacities of up 2.500 particles per second
- recovery of product is increased by exact determination, accurate sorting and resorting
- sorting at a very low compressed air consumption due to the exact determination and the dynamic valve control
- low maintenance operation due to automatic cleaning system
Normally mineral raw materials coming from natural deposits to not contain pure product. Therefore, the raw material is mined as selectively as possible to gain as much pure product as possible for further processing. In operating this process, the early sorting of waste material becomes very important. Each ton of waste material sorted at an early stage of material processing saves transportation and storage costs.
Using our optical sorting machine customers profit from the following additional effects:
- the milling capacity after mining can be reduced significantly with constant production rate at the same time
- the lifetime of the mine increases
- raw material is pre-concentrated effectively
- the value of the deposit increases
- energy is saved
- use of chemicals is reduced
- production costs are decreased
For most sorting processes various pre-processing steps are helpful to gain an exact and reproducible processing result. One of these helpful steps is screening. At a maximum 1:3 ratio of fine and coarse particles the optimal compressed air level and consumption can be adjusted. With a good pre-screening process the sorting efficiency, product quality and feed rate of the sorting machine are increased, and energy is saved.
Another important pre-processing step is the washing of the feed material. This brings out the surface characteristics or the transmission behavior of particles. Cleaning of the particle surface provides constant information regarding the color, increases the lucency and intensifies light coloring of pastel/grey shades respectively. Washing is only recommended for particles > 10 mm. Smaller particles tend to stick together which leads to missing temporal and sterical allocation in the sorting process. For fine or dried material special water nozzles are available which will only moisten clean surfaces which leads to an increase of optical difference.
Sorting with the technology of DataSort means:
- high purity - up to 98%
- high yield - up to 100%
- high precision in rejection by compressed air blasts, low energy consumption
- high sorting capacity
We plan, manufacture and supply sorting technology with years of experience and utilize the latest technologies.